Universal's Hard Rock Hotel OrlandoThe Universal Hard Rock Hotel is designed as a California mission style estate, the home of a sophisticated rocker, complete with an eclectic collection of memorabilia. From video screens showcasing the biggest musical names of our time, to the resort-wide stereo system, the 650-room resort is designed with the spirit of rock n roll in mind, so that every guest feels like a rock star. Universal Orlandos award-winning resort immerses guests in an experience entirely different from their everyday lives.
Located onsite at Universal Orlando, The Hard Rock Hotel continues to astound guests with its architecture and impressive assortment of rock memorabilia - direct from the collection of Hard Rock Café International. One of the many unique features of Hard Rock Hotel is boasting one of Orlando's largest heated outdoor swimming pools - including a zero-entry sand beach, 240ft slide, and 12 underwater speakers.
Guests at Hard Rock Hotel also enjoy exclusive privileges at Universal Orlando including free transportation via water taxi and/or shuttle bus. Also, just show your room key at most rides and attractions at both Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure where you can skip the regular lines with Universal Expresss ride access all day, every day!!!
Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Reserve Hard Rock Hotel Orlando now through Destination Orlando!
The heart of rock n roll beats throughout the entire 650-room Hard Rock Hotel. From the moment guests enter Hard Rock Hotel, they are surrounded by the spirit of music. Video screens and speakers play the hottest videos and music, and throughout the hotel, an eclectic assortment of rock memorabilia that includes Elviss rhinestone jumpsuit, footwear from Elton Johns closet, and some of Madonnas famous ensembles let guests get up close and personal to their favorite rock stars. Dining at Hard Rock is a far cry from the craft services table, with restaurants including the Palm Restaurant, a steakhouse straight from New York, known for its prime beef cuts and lobster, and The Kitchen, where you can dine on the favorite dishes of rock icons. To top off the day, the chic, urban setting of Velvet Bar in the main lobby can smooth out the evening. Hard Rock Hotel also has more than 15,000 square-feet of meeting space.
Hard Rock Hotel opened in January 2001 at Universal Orlando. Guests have a variety of rooms and suites to choose from, including the King, Club and Graceland Suites, the Hospitality Parlor and Kids suites. Rooms feature three black and white pieces of art from the Hard Rock Café private archives and a selection of rock star wake-up calls from celebrities like NSync and Dee Snider. The hotel was designed as if it was formerly the estate of a rock star who might have acquired a collection of rock memorabilia on his decades of road trips.
The rock n roll excitement of this Hotel California mission style property continues at the trendy outdoor pool area. Surrounded by lush palm trees, visitors can sun bathe on the white sand beach, sip cocktails around the sparkling blue pool, and slide down the 260-foot water slide-all while listening to the hottest music playing on outdoor speakers. And to make sure swimmers dont miss their favorite songs, there are 12 underwater speakers, as well.
Hard Rock Hotel's Pool Area
Guest accommodations at Hard Rock Hotel are contemporary and spacious. Each room features different decorative rock-n-roll memorabilia and upscale amenities such as a cd-stereo system, custom cabinet refreshment pantry, cordless telephone, and elegant bedding. Hard Rock Hotel offers guests different dining and lounge options such as the Sunset Grille, Hard Rock Beach Club, Starbucks, Emack & Bolio's, The Velvet Lounge, and the world- renowned Palm Restaurant. Camp L'il Rock provides kids with a special place to call their own with supervised child-care and daily activities. Located just a short water taxi ride away is Universal's Citywalk nighttime entertainment complex which includes dining (including the Hard Rock Café), shopping, and world-class entertainment venues (including Hard Rock Live).
Newly-built guest rooms are decorated in a California mission style architecture, and come with individual climate control, coffeemaker with complimentary coffee, remote control color TV with cable, Pay-Per-View movies, mini bar, direct dial telephone , modem/data port connection, bathrobes, iron with board, and an in-room safe.
Reserve Hard Rock Hotel Orlando now through destination Orlando! Discount attraction tickets also available.
Stay On-Site at Universal Orlando® and Enjoy Exclusive Resort-Wide Benefits! Stay just steps from the parks at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel and enjoy award-winning accommodations and amenities. It’s the best way to experience Universal Orlando Resort!
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO HOTEL GUESTS ENJOY EXCLUSIVE THEME PARK BENEFITS
- SKIP THE REGULAR LINES with Universal ExpressSM Unlimited ride access in both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required). It's the fastest way to ride – enjoy unparalleled access all day long, as often as you'd like!
- Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required). This is your opportunity to experience some of our most popular attractions before nearly all other guests. Attractions include: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ at Universal's Islands of Adventure® Despicable Me Minion Mayhem at Universal Studios Florida®
- Take the complimentary water taxis along picturesque waterways or ride the shuttle bus directly to both theme parks and Universal CityWalk®.
- Priority seating at select restaurants throughout both theme parks and enjoy first available seating at select Universal Orlando and CityWalk restaurants.
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your on-site hotel room.
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key card. Use your hotel room key card to charge food and merchandise at Universal Orlando locations where credit cards are accepted.
- Universal Orlando character dining with some of your favorite theme park characters. Have fun as they pose for pictures, sign autographs, and interact with everyone at your table… just wait until you tell everybody back home who YOU had dinner with! Start your day with a wake-up call from one of your favorite Universal Orlando theme park characters!
Video of Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort
Aerial Photograph of Universal Orlando's CityWalk Lagoon and Islands of Adventure Theme Park
Hard Rock Hotel Orlando HOTEL FACT SHEET
Live like a rock .n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel® at Universal Orlando®. You'll feel like rock .n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service fit for an “A-List” celebrity. Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back, classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water, plus authentic rock .n' roll memorabilia, the legendary Palm restaurant and more.
5800 Universal Boulevard Orlando, Florida 32819-7834
• AAA Four Diamond Award
• Fodor's Travel – Choice Gold Award for Best U.S. Hotel Pools
• Virgin Holidays – Florida's Best Hotel
• Conde Nast Traveler magazine – Gold List Reserve World's Best Places to Stay
• Conde Nast Traveler magazine – Gold List
• Travel + Leisure Family magazine – Top 50 Best Family Resorts in the U.S. and Canada
• Child magazine – Finalist Top 50 Best Family-Friendly Resorts
• Orlando Sentinel – Top 100 Companies for Working Families
• Orlando Sentinel – Best Hotel Pool
• Orlando Magazine – Best Hotel to Spot a Celebrity Meetings Industry Awards
• Elite Meetings International – Elite Gold Certification
• Successful Meetings – Pinnacle Award
• Corporate & Incentive Travel Magazine – Award of Excellence
• ConventionSouth magazine – Readers' Choice Award
Page 1 of 7
Type Rooms Sq. Ft.
Standard 41 375
Garden View 346 375
Pool View 102 375
Deluxe King 16 400
Deluxe Queen 26 500
Hard Rock Club 90 375
Hospitality Suites 2 1,250
- parlor only 1,625
- entire suite Kid Suites 12 800
King Suites 10 650
- one bedroom Club Kid Suite 2 800
- one bedroom Club King Suites 2 650
- one bedroom Graceland Suite 1 2,375
- one bedroom
Total Rooms 650
• 32-inch flat-panel television with high definition channels.
• iHome clock radio with iPod docking stations and CD Player.
• Two telephones (1 cordless) each with dual voice lines, data port & voicemail
• On demand in-room movies (fees apply).
• Smart room technology for automated heating and air conditioning.
• In-Room wireless high-speed internet access (fees apply - complimentary wireless high speed internet access in public areas)
• Keurig coffee maker featuring individual coffees and assorted teas.
• Refreshment pantry.
• Separate bath and vanity area.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton terry towels
• Hair dryer and make-up mirror.
• Iron and ironing board.
• In-room safe.
• Daily newspaper delivery upon request.
• Evening turndown service upon request.
Page 2 of 7
• Keyed access to club level located on the seventh floor and Club 7 lounge.
• Free access to The Workout room fitness center.
• Discounts on cabana rentals.
• Personal concierge services to meet all our guests' vacation needs.
• Access to Club 7, a 3,300-sq. ft. lounge staffed from 7:30 am – 10:00 pm daily featuring: - Complimentary Starbucks coffee, tea and soft drinks throughout the day. - Continental breakfast served each morning from 7:30 am – 10:00 am. - Afternoon snacks from noon – 3:00 pm. - Hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine served each afternoon from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. - Dessert served each night from 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm. - Two television viewing areas. - Computer with Internet access and printer.
FOOD & BEVERAGE OUTLETS
Food and rock music have never come together the way they do at The Kitchen restaurant. With the look and feel of a spacious kitchen in a rock star's mansion, the restaurant walls are adorned with culinarythemed memorabilia from many of the celebrity guests who have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel® and cooked for guests.
Kids can enjoy The Kids Crib, along with Universal Orlando character dining, “Kids Can Cook Too!,” magician, balloonist and more on select evenings. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Call 407-503-DINE (3463) for reservations.
Bringing the legacy of its famous New York steakhouse to Universal Orlando® Resort, The Palm's legendary menu offers a variety of American fare and Italian specialties and is most famous for its prime cuts of beef and jumbo lobster. Open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Reservations recommended; call 407-503-7256.
Voted Orlando's best hotel bar two years in a row. Chic, stylish, swank and sexy, Velvet is a bar and so much more. Drop in for a chilled cocktail, relax with a smooth cigar or flavorful hookah or just kick back with some appetizers and enjoy the tunes. Velvet Bar is located on the lobby level and overlooks the pool deck with outside seating. Open daily from 5:00 pm – 2:00 am.
Page 3 of 7
beachclub - Whether you are sunbathing, relaxing in a cabana, playing in the sand or just waiting on an important call, this poolside bar and grill serving light fare and refreshing cocktails is the place to hang out. Open daily at 11:00 am (hours vary by season).
Emack & Bolio's Marketplace - A true Boston experience, Emack & Bolio's serves award-winning ice cream, sorbets and frozen yogurts. This ice cream parlor is the perfect way to cool off on a hot day. Discriminating coffee drinkers can enjoy an authentic Starbucks latte, cappuccino or frappuccino. Candy, snacks and drinks are also available Open daily from 6:30 am – 11:00 pm (hours vary by season).
Room Service - Room service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, allowing guests to eat in the privacy of their room. *Restaurant hours subject to change.
HARD ROCK HOTEL ORLANDO - SPECIAL HOTEL EVENTS
Velvet Sessions Velvet Bar hosts the city's only rock .n' roll cocktail party on the last Thursday of the month (excluding Nov & Dec). Each “session” combines creative cocktails and finger food with live music from legendary rock bands live in concert. To learn more about this event or to purchase tickets, visit VelvetSessions.com. Velvet Sessions is a 21 and older event. Tickets start at $29 per person and can vary by performance.
RECREATION & AMENITIES
• 12,000-sq. ft. sand beach pool featuring an underwater stereo sound system plus the following: - Interactive play area for children, including a 260-foot water slide. - Poolside activities plus “dive-in” movies and concerts on select nights (weather permitting). - Two hot tubs, sand volleyball court and ping pong. - Cabana rentals available - Temporary tattoos, hair wraps and other pool supplies at Synergy located at the pool entrance (fees apply).
• Over $1 million of rock .n' roll memorabilia throughout the hotel.
• Hard Rock® Rock Shop offering premier rock .n' roll clothing or just a souvenir of your visit.
• The Workout Room – Fitness center featuring locker rooms with steam and sauna rooms, the latest in cardio and circuit training equipment. Daily fee of $10. Discounted multiple day passes are available.
Page 4 of 7
• Mandara Spa at the neighboring Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is a 12,300-sq. ft. full-service spa offering a wide range of services. Call 407-503-1244 for more information and reservations.
• Camp Lil' Rock supervised kids' camp. - $15 per hour per child ages 4 – 14. Meal is an additional $15 per child. - Open Sunday through Thursday from 5:00 pm – 11:30 pm and on Friday and Saturday from 5:00 pm – midnight. Times and location are subject to change. - Please call 407-503-2200 for reservations and more information.
• Game room arcade.
• Jogging and walking paths.
• The Golf Universal Orlando program offers resort guests special benefits and preferred tee times at select Orlando are courses: Grand Cypress Golf Club and Windermere Country Club. Call 407-503-2200 for more information.
• Full-service business center. Open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. After hours access with room key.
• Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access in most public areas.
• Full-service concierge and Universal Orlando® attraction ticket center.
• Hertz Car Rental desk.
HOTEL POLICIES & INFORMATION
• Parking - 500 on-site parking spaces. - Self parking is $20 plus tax per day for day guests or $17 plus tax per day for overnight guests. - Valet parking is $30 plus tax per day for day guests or $24 plus tax per day for overnight guests.
• Check-in is at 4:00 pm. Check-out is at 11:00 am.
• Four-legged Rockers - Pets are permitted in select rooms only. A $25 per stay fee and other restrictions apply.
• Safety deposit box is available at the front desk and is complimentary.
Page 5 of 7
EXCLUSIVE THEME PARK BENEFITS FOR ON-SITE HOTEL - GUESTS SKIP THE REGULAR THEME PARK LINES!
Guests of each of the on-site hotels at Universal Orlando® SKIP THE REGULAR LINES* in both Universal Orlando theme parks. They receive FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited ride access, all day – a benefit worth up to $89^ per person, per day! *Not valid at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ and other select attractions. On-site hotel privileges good for hotel stay as indicated on the room key card and Universal Express Unlimited pass. Only valid for the number of guests staying in the room. Paid theme park admission required. Ride access available during normal theme park operating hours only. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice. ^Based on seasonal peak pricing for the Universal Express Unlimited pass. Early Park Admission† into Universal's Islands of Adventure
• As an on-site hotel guest, you have a special opportunity to enter Universal's Islands of Adventure® one hour prior to theme park opening each day – before nearly all other guests.
• Resort water taxi service is available each morning to help you take advantage of Early Park Admission. Please be sure to have a hotel room key card for each person in your group along with your theme park ticket, as this ensures your early entry
. †Requires paid theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one hour prior to Universal's Islands of Adventure regular opening hour for on-site hotel guests and is valid 7 days a week for travel through 12/31/12, valid only at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Flight of the Hippogriff™, Dragon Challenge™ and Caro-seuss-el™. Universal Express Unlimited ride access is not valid during Early Park Admission. Additional restrictions may apply and the foregoing benefits are subject to change without notice.
• Courtesy water taxis via picturesque waterways and shuttle bus transportation between the resort, theme parks and Universal CityWalk® Entertainment Complex
. • Priority seating at select Universal Orlando® restaurants and shows.
• Complimentary package delivery of in-park purchases to guest rooms.
• Resort room key cards allow guests to charge at most merchandise, dining and entertainment outlets throughout Universal Orlando®.
• Complimentary scheduled transportation service is available to Sea World Orlando, Aquatica and Wet 'n Wild. Daily seating is limited and reservations are required 24 hours in advance. Upon arrival, visit the attraction ticket center located in the hotel lobby to make transportation reservations and obtain boarding passes.
Page 6 of 7
MEETING & FUNCTION SPACE
• 6,000 - sq. ft. of total meeting and function space.
• 1,600 - sq. ft. of pre-function space.
• 2,964 - sq. ft. Avalon ballroom can be divided into three subsections.
• 648 - sq. ft. Apollo boardroom.
• 620 - sq. ft. Fillmore meeting room.
• 1,024 - sq. ft. private room – The Pantry – overlooking the pool area.
• 9,000 - sq. ft. function area – Woodstock Lawn – located near the boat dock.
• 2,800 - sq. ft. of lobby function area.
• 140,000 - sq. ft. of meeting and function space at Hard Rock Café® and Hard Rock Live®.
• Conveniently located four miles from the Orange County Convention Center and 15 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO).
• Florida Green Lodging Program certified in April 2008.
The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure Theme Park
Click here for more destinationOrlando hotel favorites.©Copyright 2000 - 2013 Destination Orlando sitemap
Universal's Hard Rock Hotel